Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Another Easy Choice: Our Photographer

Continuing with our theme of going with our first instinct, our photographer was a super easy decision for us to make. It all actually started with Joel (he says he doesn't remember this, but it's true!) About a year ago, Joel sent me a photo that was from a couple's engagement shoot. It was at the Boardwalk, and Joel and I gushed about it, thinking that someday it could be us.


I was smitten! For the next year, I diligently stalked this guy's blog. I fell in love with all of his photos and his style. It was the perfect mix of photojournalism, which I wanted, with a touch of whimsy, which Joel wanted. The light Michael uses is beautiful, the colors are rich, and everyone looks like his/her best self. 





When we first got engaged, I knew I had to have Michael photograph our wedding. I did my due diligence and looked around at other Bay Area photographers, but none of them grabbed my attention the way Michael did. Plus, he was close to fitting in our budget (ha ha, sorry budget...)!



The funny thing is, when I first emailed Michael and told him where we were planning on getting hitched he was ecstatic! He said he had just shot an engagement shoot at the Boardwalk and a wedding was taking place at the Grove the same day. He said he always had wanted to shoot at the Grove and hadn't had a chance yet. I was like, "Guess what, Michael?! Joel and I are your key to photograph there!"

Michael has been awesome to communicate with via email and has been very thorough in answering all our questions (high-res vs full-res? what does that mean?!? do we need it?!?!) plus he's very warm, even through online communication. That's not easy!



I am really excited to work with Michael. Our engagement shoot will be sometime in the spring. I am not very photogenic at. all. and as much as I'm dreading an hour of trying to take a good picture of my face, I think Michael is going to do an amazing job!

Did you have a photographer 'crush' from before you were engaged? Or did you have a huge search to find 'the one'? 



1 comment: